1. My school is putting on a production next week. As part of the set HALF A CAR was delivered. Our theatre is on the first floor, so I witnessed a large group of my colleagues hoist this car up the most inconvenient staircase possible. I love testosterone and I’m quite lucky in that I work with quite a few attractive men, so there was something quite sexy about watching this battle take place. They did it eventually, and I’m sure they absolutely appreciated me taking photographs and playing the ‘Rocky’ theme tune in the background…
2. I received a tax rebate. It isn’t for a massive amount, but enough to pay for my hotel this Friday because…
3. … my American friends are coming to London. I first met them in the ‘House of Bols’ in Amsterdam in 2010 and started chatting over a cocktail. They’re a lovely couple, we exchanged Facebook details and have kept in touch ever since. Last year they were in Naples at the same time as me, but we weren’t able to meet. However, they’re in London this week and so me and The Bloke are going to meet them for drinks on Friday night. It also means a little break which both me and The Bloke need, and a night in London which we always enjoy.
4. I had parents evening tonight. Yes, it’s a tiring experience, but I love meeting parents. It’s a lovely feeling to give a parent positive feedback about a wonderful child, and I know I’ve done a good job if I make a parent cry with pride.
5. On my way home I called in at my friend’s house where he played ‘Informer’ as we were having a chat. I’d forgotten how much I loved that song.
6. I received a phone call from my friend CL, who has made some important decisions about her life for the better. She always has a way of making me feel positive.
7. I returned home to discover that The Bloke had bought me my favourite Olive bread.
Now why can’t every day be like that???