After writing a post on ’46 Reasons Why Women Are Amazing’ I thought that I would do a similar list about our male counterparts. I think men get a raw deal sometimes and have an unfair reputation for being poor role-models and deadbeats. This list is based upon the opinions of my male friends and my own thoughts. (I think at this point I should also be rewarded for resisting the urge just to post 46 pictures of Dolph Lundgren with no shirt on… )
1. They might not be able to give birth, but they care and nurture their women through the whole process.
2. They’re naturally stronger.
3. They have a penis.
4. They take half the time to get ready.
5. Losing weight can prove to be quite easy.
6. They have a tendency not to over-analyse.
7. EVERY man looks hot in a suit.
8. They hide their own fears to remove large insects from the house (the bloke does this).
9. They don’t have periods and therefore have an actual reason for being moody.
10. Programming technology is inbuilt into their brains.
11. Fashion is far from complicated.
12. They provide a feeling of safety in a massive hug.
13. They immediately have the ability to empathise with any man who gets hit in the testicles.
14. They move heavy objects and equipment.
15. Blow jobs. A good blow job will instantly make a bad day disappear.
16. Friendships are not complicated – they like someone or they don’t.
17. They often refrain from gossiping and prefer to speak their mind to somebody who has wronged them.
18. They can be a geek without their sexuality being questioned.
19. They often age better. Hugh Jackman is the perfect example. (Scottishmomus, this ones for you).
20. One moisturiser = beauty regime.
21. Haircuts take fifteen minutes and cost a tenth of the female equivalent.
22. They usually know what they want.
23. They enjoy romance, and can be incredibly creative when attempting to spoil their partner.
24. They’re enthusiastic about their girlfriend’s bodies, even when their girlfriends aren’t.
25. They don’t have to shave and can experiment with different types of facial hair.
26. They love their mothers, and adore their grandmothers.
27. Their relationship with their fathers becomes more of a brotherhood as they get older.
28. The look on their face resembles the discovery of the meaning of life when they see an 80″ HD TV screen.
29. They can do an entire shopping trip in half an hour.
30. They know how to spend their money practically.
31. They’re patient and leave their women to get on with it.
32. Deep, sexy voices.
33. They open doors, move your seat out for you and guide you through busy spaces.
34. Large muscles don’t look as freaky.
35. He replaces the batteries in electrical items without being prompted (try to stop sniggering here… I meant the remote control).
36. They’re ambitious.
37. Bed hair.
38. Small bottoms.
39. Fantastic sense of humour and like to laugh, particularly when people fall over.
40. They have to deal with the pressure of performance in the bedroom.
41. They take time in the bedroom to ensure their partner is satisfied.
42. They have perfected the art of feigning interest when listening to their partner gossip about other people.
43. They are fantastic role – models for their children.
44. This man – Chris Gardener
45. This man – Steve Jobs
46. This man – Gandhi