I decided that I would tackle some of the little jobs that needed to be finished on my list. One of them was to empty and tidy my rather large handbag. I’m a huge Radley fan, owning several of their bags in various sizes. I’ve had it for a few years and I often refer to it as my Mary Poppins bag – I put things in and they disappear. I was getting quite frustrated with it at the weekend, so I thought I would delve in and see what on earth I have been carrying around for the last six months.
This is what I found:
- Standard make-up kit – two mascaras, three eyeshadows, an eyeliner, set of tweezers, two lip glosses.
- Small tin of Vaseline.
- Small bottle of Stella McCartney perfume.
- Small bottle of Carolina Herrera 212 perfume.
- Seventeen pens, four pencils, one fine liner, one CD pen and two board markers.
- Large set of work keys.
- Three tube tickets and four train tickets.
- Box for antibiotics.
- Otravine nasal spray.
- London Tube map.
- Pandora charm receipt.
- Work badge.
- Two packets of chewing gum.
- Raffle tickets.
- A thank you card from my colleagues son.
- Tickets for ‘Frozen’ at the cinema.
- Tickets for ‘Rock of Ages’ in London.
- Tickets for London Zoo.
- Hairdresser appointment card.
- An iPhone charger cable.
- Four safety pins.
- Spare keys for locker.
- McDonalds competition stickers.
- Bag from Laduree – macarons.
- Cigarette lighter.
- Three wage slips, two of them unopened.
- A small badge from a Christmas card.
- Three hair elastics.
- £1.42 in Sterling, a €2 coin and an American quarter. I’ve haven’t been to America since 2010 or Europe since 2012…
Just how much stuff does one person need – no wonder I can’t find anything? I think downsizing is in order!
What about you guys? What sort of rubbish do you hoard?
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog