During my many travels around the Internet I always stumble across things that make me laugh, cry and think. I decided to focus on the ‘think’ aspect today, and I have compiled some of my favourites to share with you.
1. A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
2. School teaches lessons and then gives us a test. Life gives us a test and then we learn the lessons from it.
3. Life was much simpler when Apple, Blackberry and Raspberry were just fruit.
4. There is always an element of truth behind ‘just kidding.’
5. There is always knowledge behind ‘I don’t know.’
6. There is always emotion behind ‘I don’t care.’
7. There is always pain behind ‘It’s okay.’
8. You can’t buy love, but there are times where you may pay heavily for it.
9. Money can’t buy happiness, but it is far more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.
10. Alcohol does not solve problems, but neither does milk.
11. We buy things that we don’t need, with money that we don’t have, to impress people we don’t like.
12. If you tell the truth, you never have to remember a lie.
13. If there are no ups and down in life, it means you’re dead.
14. The people with the best advice to give are usually the ones with the most problems.
15. Teenagers have the time and energy but not the money. Adults have the money and energy but not the time. Pensioners have the money and time but not the energy.
16. You can’t say M without your lips touching.
17. You’re now trying to say M without your lips touching.
18. The things that you don’t learn are the most likely things to be in the exam.
19. If undecided about two options, flip a coin. Your instinct will tell you which one you’re secretly hoping for when you feel happy or disappointed with the result.
20. The hardest thing and the right thing are often the same thing.
21. Closed minds are not often accompanied by closed mouths.
22. Fake plants will die if you don’t pretend to water them.
23. You are more likely to wake up at 6.00am on your days off.
24. The little toe is the perfect device for finding the edges of furniture in a darkened room.
25. This will cause a discussion as to whether it is ‘ironic’ or not. It isn’t.
What about you? Anything you would like to add?
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog
great sayings…very thought provoking…Happy Mommy Monday
“Do, or do not” but Yoda said it first, not Dumblebore.
I know – and Dumbledore didn’t say it at all. That’s why it’s funny. And the picture is Gandalf, not Dumbledore…
huh, these are pretty good. I’ll have to try #19. I’m really bad at making up my mind sometimes. (Stopping by from SITS Girls Sharefest.)
Hee Hee! I love stuff like this! #mommymondaybloghop
Thanks for sharing via Mommy Monday!
These were great – especially #4 – #7 because there are deep truths in those simple words.
Love it – especially #1 and #4!
“Closed minds aren’t often accompanied by closed mouths.” Yes! We bloggers know this all too well, as there is always someone hoping to crush us with their hate-fueled comments on our heartfelt posts. This is a great list! Thanks for sharing it. 🙂
Oh yes, we certainly do haha! Thanks my lovely – so glad that you liked it!
These are truly inspiring
Thank you Lindi!
But milk WITH cookies, solves a lot! 🙂 Great post!
Yes they do haha! Thanks Lee!
I knew Yoda, Dumbledore & Gandalf were really the same person!
That picture has confused so many people haha! There you go – definitive proof that they’re all the same person!
I can not tell you how much I enjoyed this post, and how it made me laugh and think both. Not at the same time, but still. Tweeting it so other can enjoy!
Thanks Carol – I’m really pleased that you enjoyed it!
Love these especially #3, #16 and #17. Your post made me smile and I was nodding my head as I read it – as well as touching my lips in #17 LOL:) I just joined BSL FB group so trying to catch up.
Haha! Thank you!
#3 is my favorite and it is so true!
Love, love, LOVE this post! It’s a ‘wowsers’, Suzie! Brilliant! Cher xo
Thanks so much Cher!
Loved them all!