A few weeks ago I created a post entitled ’25 Thoughts For the Day,’ which essentially was a collection of 25 phrases that I had collected from various memes and inspirational posters around the Internet. It was received quite well, and in a few of the comments that were given there was a request to do another. Unfortunately, sequels are invariably nowhere near the standard of the original, but I thought I would honour the requests and create a further list…
1. Don’t regret the things you did. Regret the things you didn’t do when you had the chance.
2. Life is too short to remove the USB safely.
3. Build your own dreams, or somebody else will hire you to build theirs.
4. With great power comes a great electricity bill.
5. You never realise how boring your life is until someone asks you what you do for fun.
6. Help a man when he is in trouble, and he’ll remember you when he is trouble again.
7. The best things in life are free. The second best things are very expensive.
8. A jealous person does better detective work than the FBI.
9. Having one child makes you a parent. Having two makes you a referee.
10. Unless life also hands you water, your lemonade is going to suck.
11. You can’t breathe through your nose with your tongue out.
12. You’ve just tried it, realised that you can breathe through your nose with your tongue out, but doing so makes you closely resemble a panting dog.
13. A whale swims all day, eats fish and is fat. A tortoise barely moves and can live for hundreds of years. Exercise fanatics: think on…
14. The chance of you dying on the way to buy your lottery ticket is greater than your chance of winning.
15. When nothing goes left… Go right.
16. Life is like a party. You invite lots of people – some will arrive on time, bring their own drinks and food, some will stay up all night, some will laugh at you, some will laugh with you, some will arrive really late. When the fun is over, some will help you clean up the mess, even though it wasn’t theirs.
17. Never trust a computer that you can’t throw out of a window.
18. Forgive your enemy… But never forget their name.
19. If you do not ask, the answer will always be no.
20. Do not let success go to your head, and failure go to your heart.
21. There are often three sides to a story. Yours, theirs and the truth.
22. If everyone is completely happy with you in life, you may have made many compromises. If you are happy with everyone, it is likely that you have ignored the many faults of others.
23. Life is like a bath – the longer you’re in it, the more wrinkled you are going to get.
24. If you love something set it free… Unless its a tiger.
25. And finally, this:
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog