Yesterday I decided to edit my Facebook account, deleting unwanted photographs and removing people that I haven’t spoken to in over a year.
Inevitably I ended up trawling through my previous status updates, going back as far as 2007. What I noticed was that I seem to post similar things in patterns, one being in the form of a ‘Note To Self’ whenever I had done something particularly stupid that day. I thought I’d collate some of them and share them with you…
Ten Notes To Self:
1. When feeling inspired to cook, follow the instructions exactly and avoid substituting ingredients for ‘the next best thing’ because you can’t be bothered to go to the shop. This will prevent the resulting meal from tasting like vomit.
2. There is such a thing as too much garlic.
3. Drunkenly calling a man from Birmingham a ‘yam yam’ (slang term for a different area) in a chip shop in the early hours of the morning is not a good way to make friends, even if he insulted your accent first…
4. Wearing those shoes will be fabulous for the first five minutes. The rest of the night will be spent in utter agony. Next time, stick to flats…
5. When cooking a Linda McCartney lasagne it is a good idea to remove the plastic film from the top first. This will prevent your food being ruined and your oven from smelling like a plastics factory.
6. Do not allow your friends to film you during your drunken karaoke performances. Watching the video the next day will completely destroy the misconception that you were actually any good.
7. Replacing the word ‘Stingray’ with ‘bin bags’ in the Stingray theme tune and singing it loudly when you put your rubbish out will very likely cause your neighbours to think you have issues.
8. You may know all the dance moves to Beyonce’s ‘Single Ladies.’ However, your version closely resembles that of a frog in a blender. Stop doing it when you’re on a night out – people are beginning to pity you.
9. Happiness is not found in that unbelievably massive chocolate bar. However, cellulite is and you’ll spend the next week regretting it, however yummy it is.
10. If you have to be up early the next morning it is not a good idea to watch YouTube videos in bed… Two hours sleep is not a good way to start the day.
I think a huge facepalm would be appropriate at this point… Or just this – a look similar to the ones I receive from The Bloke on a regular basis.
What about you? Are there any notes that you need to write to yourself?
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog, and don’t forget to check out my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/suzie81speaks
Picture Credit: Google Images
This made me really laugh! Cheers!
I totally thought you were going in a “note to self: don’t read status updates from 2007” direction. I think I’d be horrified by mine.
Hahaha I always say the same thing about the chocolate bar… but still go for it anyways… and the stomach ache that comes with it.
so wickedly wonderful…
number 8 – ahahahahaa… Let people dancee 😛
Also, chocolate IS a source of happiness 😀
I have a pattern in my FB shares, but I have cut down fb so much that it doesn’t really matter anymore (also cut down “friends” to 120).
Wise wise words. Funny too 🙂 I had no idea yam yam could be used that way
LOL! I am not going to be able to listen to “Single Ladies”again without that image in my head!
I grew up with the Stingray theme tune never far from my mind, and now I’m going to have to put my rubbish out with it reverberating around my cranium once again, which might just last all day.
At least it’s better than some of the other earworms I catch these days, so I guess I must thank you for that. And for making me smile.
Haaaa – hilarious, had such a giggle over this lot 😀 Karen x
Yes, never ever take Cabury’s Creme Eggs to bed with you when you come home drunk. Waking up the next morning and thinking you have had an account in bed is not a good way to start a hangover the next day.
Don’t blog when having a drink or two. 😉
(*laughs*) I had to share this with my mom and sister. They laughed along with me.
Haha! Brilliant! I definitely need to remember your first Note To Self, I always substitute recipe ingredients and it ends up rubbish, I never learn! Laziness prevails.
Note to self: Find Linda McCartney lasagna. I had no idea such a thing existed.
As long as you learned something from it…