During my many travels around the internet I always stumble across things that make me laugh, cry and think. While some roll their eyes at the mere mention of inspirational quotes and thoughts, I like to compile groups of them and save them on my phone as a tool to get me through the day. Here are some of my favourites…
1. A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
2. School teaches lessons and then gives us a test. Life gives us a test and then we learn the lessons from it.
3. Life was much simpler when Apple, Blackberry and Raspberry were just fruit.
4. There is always an element of truth behind ‘just kidding.’
5. There is always knowledge behind ‘I don’t know.’
6. There is always emotion behind ‘I don’t care.’
7. There is always pain behind ‘It’s okay.’
8. You can’t buy love, but there are times where you may pay heavily for it.
9. Money can’t buy happiness, but it is far more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.
10. Alcohol does not solve problems, but neither does milk.
11. We buy things that we don’t need, with money that we don’t have, to impress people we don’t like.
12. If you tell the truth, you never have to remember a lie.
13. If there are no ups and down in life, it means you’re dead.
14. The people with the best advice to give are usually the ones with the most problems.
15. Teenagers have the time and energy but not the money. Adults have the money and energy but not the time. Pensioners have the money and time but not the energy.
16. You can’t say M without your lips touching.
17. You’re now trying to say M without your lips touching.
18. The things that you don’t learn are the most likely things to be in the exam.
19. If undecided about two options, flip a coin. Your instinct will tell you which one you’re secretly hoping for when you feel happy or disappointed with the result.
20. The hardest thing and the right thing are often the same thing.
21. Closed minds are not often accompanied by closed mouths.
22. Fake plants will die if you don’t pretend to water them.
23. You are more likely to wake up at 6.00am on your days off.
24. The little toe is the perfect device for finding the edges of furniture in a darkened room.
25. This will cause a discussion as to whether it is ‘ironic’ or not. It isn’t.
What about you? Any inspirational quotes you would like to add?
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog and don’t forget to check out my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/suzie81speaks and my new Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/suzie81speaks
I’ve seen several of these before, and love them all! Great reminders. Thanks!
26th – your profile pic is stunning
Haha! Thanks – it’s the only one I have where I don’t look drunk!
Your reply sparks a poem I’ll write now and call it Suzie Spoke
12, 13 and 14 just go together so well!
I wish I could take credit for them haha!
What a great list, Suzie! Each with its own set of profoundness!! 🙂 🙂 I found myself saying, “Yes, right, oh that’s certainly true, to each one!! Thanks, Suzie!! Cher xo
Thanks Cher – I wish I could take credit for them, but most were found via inspirational quotes!
I love lists like this; they are a great way to ‘re-inspire’ ourselves in a quick way. Almost like an energy boost! Thank you, Suzie! 🙂
23 is so true!
Absolutely! A work day – I can barely open my eyes. However, today I am on holiday so I was awake at 5.30am. Typical.
Not sure these will get me through the day but they made me laugh – thanks!
Thanks Sharon – glad to help!
Great quotes – I really enjoyed reading them. Quite a few made me laugh – especially the thought of so many people trying to make an M without their lips touching! Presumably a ventriloquist can do it, but is it cheating?! I really like Oscar Wilde’s quotes, so I’ll leave you with…’Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back!’
I love that haha! Do you know any pessimists that I can borrow money from?
If at first you don’t suceed, that’s okay because you are not a budgie.
Hahahaha! Ba bum!
Love these! I have heard all of them before and should write them down 😀
Haha! That’s what I did!
Haha I see! They are really fun!
“Do or do not, there is no try” made me think of something I used to tell people when I came in #2 for a job: It’s like ‘almost’ jumping over the grand canyon. You’re just as dead whether it happens 4 feet from the start or 4 feet from the end, 🙂
Yup, I’m going to add that to my next list!
Hmm…#4 is interesting, isn’t it??? 😉
Absolutely! I’ve had that said to me on so many occasions and it’s always made me think – ‘that thought must have been in your head for you to say it in the first place, whether you’re kidding or not.’
I think we can actually learn something about ourselves when we pay attention to these occurrences. Everything’s a lesson in the end. Blessings!
Spent all night on 17…
Haha – did it work? Did you master it?
I love these pearls of wisdom, you always have good posts xxx
“Can I Help You?”
“No, I just waited in line for 30 minutes to say how much I like your hairstyle.”
I love that – Im going to use it at some point!
Just make sure there is something between you and the person you are saying it to 🙂
“I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade… And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.”
If life gives you lemons, you’d better hope it gives you water too or your lemonade is going to be pretty crap…
So I guess we should hope life gives us rain as well. And I think I’d like a tap rather than getting the water out of puddles.
Haha! I’ve never drank puddle water – I suppose it depends on what else is mixed in with it!
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
I’ve heard that before – love that quote. Thanks Jan!
Just “Don’t sweat the small stuff” or “Pick your battles”. Especially helpful at work and when dealing with kids. 🙂
Or in my case, if they’re having a tantrum ignore them completely…
Oh yeah, meant to add this applies to significant others too 😉
Haha! That’s the tactic he uses with me – it works!
Dumbledore never said that. It was Yoda. And the guy in the picture is Gandalf from LOTR 🙂
If at first you don’t succeed, then parachuting is not for you!
I know, that’s why I like the pic haha!
I just don’t like that Dumbledore is trying to take credit for Yoda’s words of wisdom…
Have you not noticed that the picture is Gandalf?
All the bearded wizards look the same to me…
‘It’ll be all right in the end and if it’s not all right it’s not the end’.
I’m a sucker for a good quote – even better when it’s a collection! I find using words as inspiration to be a great motivator. Love your list!
The “do or do not” quote, though, on the photo? Didn’t Yoda say that, not Dumbledore?
Yes, and the picture isn’t Dumbledore, it’s Gandalf…
Thanks so much Lisa – really pleased you liked it!
You are SO right about pretending to water fake plants.
I love that phrase…