It’s the first day of September, and there is a change in the air. It’s colder and raining, and my social media feeds have gone from pictures of smiling faces, barbecues and ice-cold drinks to desperate status updates that plead for a little more time before everyone has to get back into their daily routine.
For me, it’s slightly different – my summer isn’t quite yet over and I have a week in Barcelona still to look forward to… but what a summer it has been!!! At this point last year I was anxious, agitated and disappointed with myself at my lack of effort or achievement during the holidays, but at this very moment I can look back on an incredible time and be proud of everything I have done and the memories that will stay with me. I’ve travelled, visited friends, eaten beautiful food, and above all, I’ve laughed until my stomach hurt.
It seems like a lifetime ago, but I attended the Annual Bloggers Bash at the beginning of August, where I was privileged to meet some of my old bloggy friends and get to know a few new ones! The Bloke and I were tourists during that weekend, and we took some time to explore the Tower of London in glorious weather. We even won prizes at the cinema on Leicester Square – totally random but fun!
I went to the coast with my mother for a little day trip. The weather was glorious, and we had quite an experience with something my mother affectionately named ‘Big Willy.’ Want to know more? It’s not what you think…
I got my microphone rage on with my friends at karaoke.
I went to see a display of hot air balloons at the Balloons and Tunes festival.
I had a lovely day at the spa to celebrate my friends birthday.
I made a promise to myself that I would start training for the Birmingham Half-Marathon, and I did just that! After running regularly, I have massively improved my time, stamina and distance…
I’ve watched lots of films, most notably, Hector and the Search for Happiness, which had quite a profound impact on the way I view my life.
After developing a minor obsession with makeup and watching endless amounts of beauty vlogs, I convinced The Bloke to have a go at putting makeup on me himself…
In the blogging world, I’ve been just as busy, and it’s been a blast. I’ve had hundreds of conversations, read endless wonderful posts and shared some of my favourites, helped to promote and host some brilliant blog parties and my sponsorship has continued to be a fulfilling and enjoyable experience!
These are some of my most popular blogging related posts from the summer:
1. Tips for your About Page: I discussed ideas on the purpose of the About Page and what makes it successful. I also took the time to update my own!
2. Pin Crazy! With the help of Elena from Fabulously 50 & Living With Batman, I have worked hard to develop my Pinterest page. As a result, in the last month I have doubled my following and amount of views.
3. Life is a Blog Post Waiting to be Written: I started thinking about where we get our blogging ideas from – I have adopted a regular way of writing down notes and taking pictures for potential future posts.
4. Profession Versus Passion: After causing some controversy about eighteen months ago with a previous post, I started thinking about the jobs we have in comparison the the passions that we develop in life.
5. #BloggerBlackmail: It’s Not About the Macarons!: During the #BloggerBlackmail fallout on Twitter, I discussed the issue of working with companies and the correct way to do reviews. Who would have thought macarons could have caused so much controversy??
6. Blog Envy: We all suffer from it – but what exactly are we envious about when reading other blogs?
It’s the start of a new chapter for me, and while the sentiment may leave you wanting to vomit into the nearest available bucket, I wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for being there with me. I’m looking forward to the future, whatever it may bring, in both the real and online world!
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog and don’t forget to check out my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/suzie81speaks my Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/suzie81speaks and my Instagram page http://www.instagram.com/suzie81speaks