In November 2014 I started a hashtag – #SundayBlogShare – that allowed bloggers to share their links and meet new people. It was not a new idea, I had been participating in similar link ups hosted by other bloggers throughout the year, but I found it to be really useful when networking and getting my posts out to a wider audience.
Over the last year it has become the biggest Twitter party of the weekend (to my knowledge anyway), with hundreds of bloggers around the world sharing thousands of links each Sunday, and it now trends on a weekly basis. Last Sunday, it was the top trending topic in the UK, and trended for over nine hours… Today, as I write, it is only 10.30am and it’s already No. 6…
I’m still in awe of how much it has grown, and I’ve been lucky to have found wonderful new blogs that I follow on a regular basis.
Want to join #SundayBlogShare? The instructions and guidelines are simple:
Post your blog links to Twitter using the hashtag #SundayBlogShare and enjoy! If you include my Twitter handles (@suzie81blog or @SundayBlogShare) in your post I can retweet it for you too, although please note I reserve the right not to and won’t be able to do every single one. Your posts can cover any topic and you don’t have to follow my blog or any associated social media accounts. You can participate if you have been blogging for days, months or years and it’s a brilliant opportunity to develop your social networking skills and boost your traffic and following.
1. #SundayBlogShare is a happy place. Racist, sexist and homophobic propaganda will not be tolerated, and if you disagree with the content of a post it should be done in a polite and respectful manner.
2. Blog posts only. NO Amazon book promos, company promos, music promos, inspirational quotes, newspaper articles, random selfies of you drinking coffee, Justin Bieber fan promotion etc… you get the idea. These will be immediately reported for spam.
3. No pornographic images are allowed and if the content of your blog focuses of erotica, please don’t use graphic words in your descriptions when promoting your post.
4. Do not use it as an opportunity to demand follows and retweets from others, but IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ and retweet posts that you like. Be generous with this – the more you READ and retweet, the more likely you will get them in return! Similarly, do not use it as an opportunity to send me your links throughout the week – I am not a RT account and the link up only happens on Sundays…
5. Don’t go overboard with the amount that you post… If the Twitter feed is just a list of your own posts, you’re doing it too much. Post a few, spend some time reading and retweeting others and then come back later to post again.
6. Hashtag spamming is not allowed. For those of you who participated over the last few months, you’ll be aware that because of the popularity of the hashtag, there was a high level of spam from people who used it as an opportunity to post hundreds of links within an hour, clearly using the hashtag to spam potential clients. I have contacted Twitter and Twubs, and hopefully the matter has been resolved, but if this sort of thing appears today I would really appreciate it if you would block and report them. Don’t engage with them, just block and report.
It starts each Sunday morning and will end at midnight. I’m in the UK, so you will need to work out times for whichever country you live in. This may mean that some of you may be participating on Saturday, or going into Monday, but please use the same hashtag…
Want to meet WordPress bloggers through Twitter? Leave your Twitter name in the comment section below so others can find you easily!
Looking forward to seeing you there! Feel free to invite your friends, reblog, tweet and spread the word across your social media networks! Leave your Twitter handle in the comments below so others can find you!
You can find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog and I’d love it if you would hop on over to my Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/suzie81speaks my Instagram http://www.instagram.com/suzie81speaks and my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/suzie81speaks
Haha i use this hashtag on Sundays 🙂 great idea lovely xxx
That’s great! Enjoy!
Thanks for the info
I’m so pleased #SundayBlogShare is growing so beautifully! And love contributing too. You can find me @gulara_vincent 🙂
I try to share some of my own posts, those that I read on Sunday’s and reblog gong those that I found thanks to the hashtag. It is definitely a great one Suzie. And often times I see that bloggers say that it is the one that brings the most traffic.
Thank you for being such a good host 🙂
You’re always very supportive – thank you!
I don’t have a Twitter, but I am always interested in new people reading my material and finding new ones for myself as well. I am confused by the inspirational quotes though, as I use those as inspiration on a post from time to time.
Twitter is a brilliant way of building traffic… It’s connected me with thousands of bloggers who aren’t on wordpress
Thanks for the info. I’ve been looking for better ways to use Twitter for blogging.
Congratulations on the success! My twitter handle is @RendezvousEnNY and I’m a blogger from New York with a lifestyle blog.
This sounds fun. I’m at @MarshaIngrao, and I just joined you. Thanks for the service. 🙂
Thank you – apologies for the late reply! It’s on again next Sunday so I’ll make sure I look for you!
Thank you,Susie, for this opportunity to meet new bloggers. I welcome visitors to my blog theenglishprofessoratlarge to exchange ideas.
Thanks so much my lovely
I do love your Sunday Blog Share! Now that this book is out of the way (for the moment), I need to get back into joining in again! Hope it went well today x
PS Also enjoying our Saturday music ‘party’ as well 😀
Oh my gosh me too! Steve is doing a Valentines Day show in a few weeks too! So excited!
Ooh, love is in the air… 😀
Would love to take part, waiting for the next Sunday 😀
Reblogged this on #BrumHour and commented:
Check out this great post by suzie81speaks.com
You know I’m a believer, Suzie…
Absolutely! You’re the king of the RT’s!
Ooh, I’ll look forward to Sunday and hopefully find some fab new bloggers to follow! I’m @emfletche on Twitter 🙂
Yay! See you there!
Pingback: I Wanna Know What Love Is… The Ultimate Blog Party! | Suzie Speaks
Reblogged this on graemecummingdotnet and commented:
I met Suzie last summer at the inaugural Bloggers Bash, and she encouraged me to participate in this at the time. Allowing myself to be easily distracted by other things – both at the Bash and afterwards – I have been guilty of ignoring this superb opportunity that she has created. Even as I type this, I am hanging my head in shame (I would take a photo and show you, but I can’t see what I’m doing without looking up, so you’ll just have to take my word for it).
Anyway, I won’t be doing it this coming Sunday either because I’ll be otherwise engaged (sorry, Suzie, it’s a genuine reason), but that’s no reason for the rest of you to dip out if you’re not doing this already.
So follow the instructions in her post, and you too could see a big change…
Reblogged this on Anita Dawes & Jaye Marie and commented:
I’ll be there…
I’ve seen this hashtag trending and decided to look it up. Sounds like a fab idea. You can find me @SleepyBkDragon.
Reblogged this on Sleepy Book Dragon and commented:
This sounds like a great idea to discover new blogs and new writers, authors, bloggers, etc. to follow.
Thank you for the reblog!
Pingback: Scrabbled Journal – November 2016 – Scrabbled Rambles
Reblogged this on Viv Drewa – The Owl Lady.
Thanks for the reblog – I’m not running Sunday blog share anymore I’m afraid
Reblogged this on Plaisted Publishing House and commented:
Time to up my game with Twitter
Thanks for the reblog – I’m not running Sunday blog share anymore