This was an idea I originally saw on Jenny in Neverland last year, and then a similar thing appeared on Facebook a few weeks ago. I thought it would be a fun idea to try it myself…
Three names I go by:
(Of the printable, non-offensive ones…)
1. Sue (which is odd for me, as until I’d moved to Birmingham nobody ever called me that)
3. Madam (the school that I often work at insists that female staff are referred to as ‘Madam,’ instead of ‘Miss.’ Even after 4 years I still find it odd.)
Three things I blog about:
1. My daily life – almost in the form of an online journal.
2. Things that amuse me.
3. Restaurants I visit.
Three places I have visited:
1. New York
Three places I would like to visit:
3. Las Vegas
Three places I have worked:
1. A well-known fast food restaurant. (I was there for eighteen months and can categorically state that if any other stores are like the one I worked in, the horror stories you have heard are most likely to be true).
2. Supervisor at a nightclub (best job ever – like getting paid for a night out).
3. Secondary school.
Three favourite drinks:
1. Volvic Lemon and Lime water, straight from the fridge so it’s ice cold.
2. Raspberry mojito.
3. Amaretto sours, with the egg white.
Three favourite things to eat:
1. Garlic and rosemary roast potatoes.
2. Yorkshire pudding.
3. Chocolate fondant.
Three memories I cherish:
1. Sitting on a balcony in Malia at 2pm on a blisteringly hot day, with a beautiful view of the ocean, sipping a drink and smoking a cigarette whilst listening to Eva Cassidy’s ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow.’
2. Last Boxing Day with my whole family – our partners were all with us and we sat, played games and laughed lots. Can’t get better than that.
3. Watching a cellist perform Bach’s ‘Air’ outside the Sacre Coeur in Paris.
Three things I am looking forward to:
1. Going on holiday with the whole family – we’ve never done this before and I’m sure it will be a laugh…
2. A few days to myself. When that will be, I don’t know, but I like to have a few days alone every so often just to recharge my batteries.
3. The surprise I have planned for The Bloke next month.
Three words I love to use:
1. Cherub – I call my students this every day and I love the confused look they always get on their faces.
3. Shrubbery, usually with a Monty Python style accent.
Three dreams I regularly have:
1. That I can fly (those of you who know who Keith Harris and Orville were will know the song I currently have in my head).
2. My teeth fall out.
3. I’m in a school I don’t know, I can’t find my timetable and every time I try and ring my mum (?) to help me I keep pressing the wrong numbers. That’s always a fun one…
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog, and don’t forget to check out my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/suzie81speaks, my Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/suzie81speaks and my Instagram page http://www.instagram.com/suzie81speaks.
This is an exercise that is fun to read and gets one thinking about categories in life.
Thanks my lovely!
Great list, if you visit Las Vegas my wife and I could buy you two dinner. ❤️😀
Aww thanks John, that’s lovely of you!
Ah yes, the Knights who say Ni; can’t wait for June and mainlining some Python with you!
He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy is something I often like to throw at the kids…
Exactly. I always wanted to do philosophy to be able to sing the philosophers drinking song as a party piece..
I want to hear a rendition of it in June…
Yep, that’s booked then. Eeeeemanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable…
Bahahahaha! That’s now going to be in my head all morning…
I will practice hard. Will you orchestrate it?
I’ll certainly give it a go haha!
Lol lol lol I bloody love month Python.
I only got into it in my late teens when someone quoted Life of Brian at me. Now, I try and get in as many references as i can during the day to confuse the kids
😂😂😂 brilliant! I think I’ll have to have a binge fest!
Indeed they are epic!
It makes more sense for you, being a teacher, but I often have the school dream. Usually it’s either the day of a big exam and somehow I haven’t revised or it’s the start of the new school year, I can’t find my timetable and no-one seems able to tell me where I need to go. I probably don’t need to tell you that I wake up exhausted the next day!
I love Yorkshire puddings. My mum always used to sneak me an extra one when she did a Sunday roast 🙂
It’s awful when that happens isn’t it? I wake up like I’ve been through a whole day already…
Ooh I always have double where I can haha!
I share your first two dreams! The flying one is a lot of fun. After two decades, I thought I would have a better handle on how to steer around high rise buildings. Nice post 🙂
Thank you! I’ve almost finished the answers for you too!
Legend! Hope I didn’t melt your brain too much 🙂
Not at all haha!
Are you hosted through wordpress.org? 🙂
Thanks! I hope your new year is going well! 🙂
I have two out of three of those dreams. My third would be getting eaten by a shark!
Bleurgh… I never have shark dreams, but let’s say I’m not a fan
I like this. Just don’t call me cherub.
Haha! The kids don’t like it either!
By your lists of 3, you are a healthy person, Suzie. I suspect it’s one of the biggest reasons you have such a large following. Readers get agitated reading the trial and tribulations of those who can never get their act together and complain all the way down the hole. No matter your problems, you always figure them out, you move on, and you genuinely enjoy so much.
You’ve got me thinking about my 3’s.
Thanks Sharon! How’s things with you?
Scraping my way out of my hole – LOL – thanks for asking. The top is near the sky and that’s good.
That’s very good to hear!
I know the song, and can sing it in (near as damn it) Orvilles voice… much to my kids delight when they were little 🙂
awesome!! I went to see hm in concert when i was about 6 years old and all i can remember is him coming onto the stage in a little Rolls Royce!
Awesome list – always interested to hear about people’s dreams too – I have the strangest dreams they are never EVER normal! More like a Dali painting but it fascinates me what others dream of 😊
I think we need to get together a collection of bloggers dreams – I bet it would be really interesting!
Maybe that should be an award – weirdest dreamer!
Haha! Or just ‘Biggest Weirdo…’ and give it to Hugh 😉
Love that idea, Ma’am, mostly because the topics are genuinely interesting! And you were honest!
Thank you my lovely
Reblogged this on Teachezwell Blog and commented:
Suzi was one of the first teachers I discovered when I started blogging. She does a LOT in the blogging world and has awesome suggestions for improving your blog. She’s hilarious, organized, and her authentic sharing has been a terrific encouragement to me. I hold Suzi responsible (!) for helping me share more personally and well, helping me enjoy blogging more than ever. This post is a cool way to start sharing yourself without TMI. Enjoy!
Thanks so much for the reblog my lovely!
Come to Melbourne, it’s better than Sydney LOL! 😛 xo
I’d love to! My sister has been but I can’t afford the flight as yet haha!
Well if and when you do I’ll have to play tour guide 💋
What a fun idea! Surely the teeth falling out is more of a nightmare? Hope you make it to Sydney – you’ll love it. I live in the Blue Mountains (about 45 minutes drive from Sydney).
I’m not jealous in the slightest haha! It’s certainly on my bucket list!
Love this post. It was fun – and I learned more about you. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Thanks my lovely!
APRIL 04, 2016 THREE THINGS THURSDAY Suzie Speaks
The Adventures Of a Thirty-Something Life. VERY WONDERFUL POST ALL LIKE BY ALL YOUR FOLLOWERS. THANK YOU