It only seems like five minutes ago since I published my engagement post, but since then The Bloke and I have been busy exploring the incredible sights that this area of Scotland has to offer. We’re staying at Creel Cottage in the coastal village of Johnshaven, and as well as relaxing and enjoying the views and calm atmosphere here, we’ve been able to go and see some things that have been on my Bucket List for a long time. It’s like something from a film set – everything is just beautiful – and the people are open, warm and friendly.
Here are just some of the highlights:
- Dunnottar Castle – Incredible view, a proposal, glorious weather.
- Eating a beautiful chocolate fondant at the local pub.
- Witnessing hundreds of nesting birds on the cliff faces at the RSPB sanctuary at Crawton.
- Walking along St Cyrus beach to visit a waterfall.
- Photographing Stonehaven harbour.
- Watching seals basking and swimming about in the sea at Newburgh.
- Sitting on my favourite spot, on the wall opposite the cottage, looking out to sea every morning and evening.
And tomorrow, we’re off to go and harass Steve (Steve Says). After talking to him online for over two years, I’m finally going to meet him in person. I have an image in my head of how it is going to happen – we’ll see each other in the distance and we’ll run towards each other in slow motion while a power ballad from an 80’s band plays in the background, and The Bloke and Greg will cheer us on, with tears of joy in their eyes.
Or it’s going to be an awkward hug in the car park.
Either way, it’s going to be a brilliant ending to a truly life-changing week.
Thank you so much for all of your messages (which I’ve received in the hundreds). I was totally overwhelmed, and if I’m being honest, it’s still not sunk in yet. I’m assuming it’s going to take a while…
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog, and don’t forget to check out my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/suzie81speaks, my Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/suzie81speaks and my Instagram page http://www.instagram.com/suzie81speaks.