Really lovely post about Venice here from Melanie! Please don’t like or comment on my reblog – hop on over to her blog and say hello!
- Getting lost is the BEST way to explore
- Try to visit in Spring or Autumn as these are the best seasons to explore.
- It will be weird to not see cars but you won’t realise this till you head back to the airport
- There are 417 bridges in Venice. I dare you to try and cross them all. The Rialto bridge is one you need to both walk over and sail under.
- Factor in the cost for a Vaporetto pass as this will help with your exploring. It will save your achy feet and really you have to see Venice from the canals as much as possible.
- Every corner, bridge and canal is a picture perfect moment so get ready to get snapping.
- Don’t just stay in Venice get out and explore the other islands in the lagoon like Burano, Lido and Murano
- You can hire bikes and ride around…
View original post 201 more words