I haven’t hosted a blog party in a very long time, and there are a few things that I would like to take the opportunity to celebrate:
- Suzie Speaks hit 20,000 collective followers a little while ago
- I am getting married next week
- Halloween is approaching
So, I’m hosting an ENORMOUS blog party TOMMOROW on the blog. I thought it would be a brilliant opportunity to create a space for the blogging community to share a few links from their blog and potentially meet new people. I always have a great time, with hundreds of links being shared, and it means that I get the chance to find new blogs to follow and catch up on some posts that I have missed.
For those of you who have never participated in a blog party before, here are the rules:
1. Choose your favourite post from your own blog. The subject of the post can be anything you like – blogging, food, parenting, life, travel, thoughts, photography… Note: This should be only ONE post overall and should be from your blog – I will delete any posts shared for someone else – and spend the time visiting other bloggers instead.
2. Copy the URL
3. Paste the link in the comment section of TOMORROW’S PARTY post.
4. Make sure that it is blog posts only please! No Amazon pages, YouTube, Spotify, group boards, Facebook groups or Etsy promotion – I will delete these and any further links from anyone who ignores this.
5. Enjoy! Relax, pull up a chair and meet new people! Find new blogs, comment on their posts, be polite, courteous and respectful and don’t forget to follow, reblog, tweet, pin, stumble and share.
* Comment directly on someone’s post, not in the comment section of tomorrow’s post if you are responding to them.
* Retweet my pinned post on Twitter to invite more people.
* You don’t have to follow me of any of my social media, but you’re welcome to!
* You don’t have to have been blogging for a specific amount of time or have to have a certain number of followers – everyone is welcome!
* You are also very welcome to invite your friends and you’re welcome to reblog this post too!
This is a really useful way of discovering new blogs, particularly if you have only just joined the blogging world – the general rule that I set myself when I participate is that I check out at least two or three other bloggers for every link that I leave.
The party will start at 9.00am BST tomorrow and will last for 48 hours to give everyone from every timezone the opportunity to participate…
Hope to see you there!
You can find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog, and don’t forget to follow my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/suzie81speaks, my Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/suzie81speaks and my Instagram page http://www.instagram.com/suzie81speaks