I’ve featured Jennifer from Unfold and Begin as I’ve followed and enjoyed her blog for a long time, but since the beginning of this year I’ve had the opportunity to work with her to build her social media, and this has given me a further insight into lots more of her posts…
I love interesting About pages, and Jennifer’s is entertaining and explains exactly what her blog is about.
My name is Jennifer Koshak and I’m on the tail end of the baby boomers. You should know that I’m willing to enjoy chocolate, practice some yoga, have some fun and explore new places and new things in my next 50 years.
- I met my husband on eHarmony. Yes, it really works.
- I started my first blog in 2009 and wrote a couple of posts. Then freaked that people might actually read it and I deleted the whole thing. (I’m trying to move past that fear of sharing myself!)
- My favorite color is yellow, but it looks awful on me, so I painted my living room a sunset yellow instead.
- I’m allergic to cats, which means I only had two and I miss them.
- My husband is a chef and a chocolatier. This can be both dangerous and so delicious!
- I became a Yoga Teacher in my 40’s and taught for 10 years. I feel that laughter is a necessity in life and especially in a yoga class. I used to quote Mel Brooks movies while teaching—-the concept of Be Here Now can totally be found in Spaceballs!
- I chose the title Unfold and Begin as a way to remind us all that we need to open up and share ourselves, try new things and embrace life. I write mostly about creativity, trying new things, goal setting and vision boards. But don’t hold me to these themes! I’ve been known go wild and share what’s going on in my life and things that interest me. (What interests me? Books, food, travel, my family. Did I say books? How about travel?)
You’re in the right place if you want some inspiration, some encouragement, and some straight talk. (Can’t help it, that was my management style, ask any former employee or Supervisor who reported to me.) Makes you wonder how a straight talking Tech Manager became a Mel Brooks quoting yoga teacher. Makes me wonder too!
My Favourite Posts
Jennifer doesn’t stick with a particular theme, which are my favourite types of blogs to read. Here are just some of my favourites:
A Guide to the Four Stages of Creativity. Jen writes some really insightful things about developing our creative selves, but this was particularly useful and something that I’d never heard of before…
What to Do If You Want to Be a Writer: Interesting and useful quotes from writers that offer some thoughts and ideas when writing. This post in particular has gone crazy on Jen’s Pinterest.
Six Ted Talks That Will Help You Conquer Fear: I love Ted Talks, and those featured are fabulous!
What She Did After a Layoff: Jen hosts a series of interviews with fellow bloggers and shares their stories. This is one of my favourites…