A little while ago, I realised that my Facebook page was in need of some love. I started to build it up, and gained a little success with drawing new viewers to my blog by sharing my posts. However, I’ve found that it has been completely neglected recently and needs a new breath of life…
It’s always quite embarrassing when trying to promote ourselves. As bloggers, lots (NOT ALL, but lots) of us want our ramblings to be read, shared, commented on, and as my views have increased I have had to resist shouting it from the rooftops when I have written a post that I am proud of. However, there is no point in being coy about this: this is blatant self promotion.
Here is the link to my page:
Still not interested?
1. It’s a great way to catch up on some of the posts that you may have missed. I also find it easier and quicker to communicate with non-WordPress bloggers there…
Need more reasons?
2. I don’t post Instagramed pictures of everything that I eat.
3. I don’t indulge in sharing too much information. You won’t hear about it when I go to the toilet. Unless something really exciting has happened when I’ve been in there.
Don’t forget… http://www.facebook.com/suzie81speaks
4. I don’t post cryptic messages that are clearly meant for someone without actually writing their name.
5. While I am in a long term relationship, you won’t be subjected to constant pictures of me and The Bloke. Unless The Bloke is doing something stupid. Then I’ll tell you all about it.
6. I don’t believe myself to be a sporting pundit, and don’t post constant quotes about the performance of different teams.
7. I don’t post pictures like this:
Who creates this nonsense?
8. You won’t receive any Candy Crush requests from me.
9. I won’t litter the page with pictures of me relaxing on a beach and drinking a cold beverage when I’m on holiday, just to remind you that you’re still at home in the cold… much. Ok, I’ve done that once in two years. But it was a lovely beach.
10. I do have a reasonable pop culture knowledge and a sense of reality, so won’t get Star Wars and Transformers mixed up in my posts or comments:
11. I don’t post up pictures of myself crying in a mirror to show that I’m not just upset, but I’m REALLY UPSET.
12. I like to share things that are intellectually stimulating. For example, did you know that the knots in my bedroom door look like Sid from Ice Age? Don’t believe me? You’ll have to visit my page to see!
Ok, admittedly, there are occasionally pictures of cats, but before you go running for the hills, they are pictures of MY cats, who are awesome. Clearly worth your time. There are also posts about music, life, love, beauty, friendship, family, teaching, parenting and mental health. It’s all Suzie, all of the time!
To give my page some much needed attention, here is the link again. Looking forward to seeing you there!
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog, and don’t forget to hop on over to my Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/suzie81speaks and my Instagram page http://www.instagram.com/suzie81speaks