The last twenty-four hours have been awesome. Why?
1. It’s the weekend.
2. I’ve found out that my friend has bought me tickets for me and The Bloke to go and see the David Bowie costume exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London when we go next weekend. So excited!
3. I gained a blogging milestone. I awoke today to find that after only blogging for 4 months I had gained my 1600th follower, and had received over 25,000 views. Yes, I know that others have achieved more, but I’m proud of my little blog.
4. The ever lovely Jolene from ‘Valley Girl Gone Country’ bestowed me with the ‘Medal of Awesomeness’.
This is only passed onto one person at a time, and I was truly blown away by the nomination. It’s, well, awesome!!!
Here’s how this award works:
1. [Proudly] display the Medal of Awesomeness on your page.
2. Give a shout out to your nominator.
3. Nominate one of your favorite fellow bloggers to receive the Medal of Awesomeness so he or she can be as awesome as you.
4. Tell us 20 song lines or lyrics that best describe you/your life.
5. Your lyrics cannot have any reference to cats. None.
And, wait for it, here is my nomination. It has to be Scottishmomus. I’ve nominated her for awards before because I love her blog. I understand her poetry, I her posts are witty and make me smile, and her comments are thoughtful and supportive. She deserves it, because she’s awesome.
And now for the song lyrics. Twenty lines??? I was just going to copy a really rude Tenacious D song, but I’ll try and be a bit more creative.
Journey – Don’t Stop Believing
Don’t stop, believing
Hold on to that feeling
The Goo Goo Dolls – Iris
When everything’s made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am
Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
If I lie here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world.
Warrant – Found Forever
I see it out on the horizon
The clouds are clearing from my vision today
Black Lace – Agadoo
Push pineapple, shake the tree
Push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees
Come and dance every night,
Sing with a hula melody
And finally, Billy Joel’s ‘You May Be Right’.
You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you’re looking for.
Thanks Jolene. In the words of Bill Withers:
And I know it’s gonna be
A lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!