As February draws to a close, I took a little time to reflect on the last few weeks. It’s been tough – I’ve been in hospital, the cat is ill and required an enormous amount of vet treatment that I couldn’t afford and we found out that we are going to have to move again after only six months of living in our new house. However, February has also been a positive month, particularly in my little blogging endeavours, so I thought I would take the opportunity to share the five things that have been fabulous.
1. Suzie81 received it’s 100,000th view a week ago. This in itself was a monumental achievement and it exceeded any expectations that I had when i started this blog 10 months ago. I decided to bite the bullet and share a few of my posts with my friends on Facebook, most of whom had no idea that I actually had a blog to begin with. They shared one of my posts – ‘Why Being a Stay at Home Parent is the Toughest Job in the World…’ which was viewed several thousand times and ended up being featured on ‘Mumsnet,’ which was amazing! Since then I decided to share one of my older posts, ‘How To Know When You’re a Teacher’ and it has been picked up and shared over 3,000 times, giving me and extra 20,000 views in the last week. It’s still going – I have been boring The Bloke to death with daily updates and I have become a stat obsessive, checking it at least ten times a day. It’s so exciting!!! Every morning I wake up with this facial expression…
I’d also like to say a massive ‘thank you’ for all the lovely awards that I have been given over the last month, but more on that in a future post.
2. My school underwent a very tough and intense OFSTED. I was seen by one of the inspectors and was awarded an ‘Outstanding.’ This was the third one that I have been given in a row and as a ‘well done’ The Bloke gave me a beautiful Pandora bracelet to celebrate – I’m spoilt rotten!
3. I have been reminded yet again what amazing family and friends that I have. When I was taken to hospital my mum and sister drove half-way down the country to be with me, some of my friends came to visit me, my work colleagues sent me a beautiful bunch of flowers, and my mum spent the weekend at my house after I was discharged. During my recovery I have been inundated with messages asking how I am, with offers of support if I need anything. When I found out about the house move my friends offered to lend me money and help me move. I’m extremely blessed and once I get all this stress out of the way I am determined to show them how grateful I am and how much they mean to me.
4. The housemove has meant that I have been able to get myself a little more organised – I have been able to be ruthless and give lots of books, CD’s and clothes to my local charity shop. I received a letter from them to tell me that my stuff has raised £50 so far, so this gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.
5. And finally, I have been really pleased to see the fantastic response to the campaign to help Merbear, a fellow blogger, who suffers from Fibromyalgia and is a risk of losing her house. After reading a heartbreaking post by the lovely Merbear, who I have only had the pleasure of meeting recently, Zoe started a donation fund to highlight her plight. After only a few days she has managed to raise over $1,100, which is just unbelievable. If you can, please share her story – let’s get everybody involved! If you wish to donate, simply click here – no amount is too small! It has restored a little faith in humanity for me, and proved that the blogging world is one of the most supportive that I have ever had the pleasure to be part of.
For those of you who may have missed them, these are my Five Favourite Posts from February, simply click the image to be taken to the post.
Hope you have a lovely Friday!!
You can also find me on Twitter and Tumblr @suzie81blog