I’m asked all the time for ideas for blog posts and I’ve been through quite lengthy periods of Bloggers Block over the last few months, so here is a list of useful ideas that can hopefully spark a whole bunch of new posts for your blog! I’ve categorised many of them as best I can.
1. How to start a blog from scratch.
2. Why I started blogging.
3. The origins of my blog name.
4. My blogging goals.
5. How to increase your traffic.
6. How to use Twitter/Facebook/StumbleUpon/Pinterest/Flipboard…
7. How to create a social media schedule.
8. How to use SEO effectively on your blog.
9. How to grow a mailing list.
10. A discussion about the pros and cons of dot com or self-hosted.
11. A list of your favourite blogs and why.
12. A guest post from one of your favourite bloggers.
13. How to create images for your blog.
14. How to edit and reinvent old posts.
15. How to be a virtual assistant / social media manager.
16. How to create your own business cards.
17. My favourite tv programmes, films, music and/or books
18. My family history and family traditions.
19. My daily routine.
20. My favourite childhood memory.
21. A list of ambitions and dreams / create a bucket list.
22. Regrets and mistakes.
23. What’s in my bag?
24. My pets/favourite animals.
Food + Drink
25. My favourite food recipes.
26. A list of what I love to eat.
27. A list of foods I dislike.
28. A healthy eating plan.
29. A cooking or measurement conversion chart.
30. A guide to seasonal food.
31. How and where to save money on groceries.
32. A guide to a particular diet plan – paleo/low carb/low sugar etc.
33. A guide to food photography.
34. My favourite cocktail recipes.
35. Mocktail equivalents to popular cocktails.
36. Wine and dish pairing ideas.
36. Ideas for hosting a dinner party.
Mental Health and Self Care
37. The myths of mental health.
38. Discuss your own mental health story.
39. Dealing with depression / bipolar / anxiety / ADHD
40. A list of self care ideas / self care schedule.
41. Motivational and inspirational ideas, quotes, daily reminders and mantras.
42. Useful numbers for helplines.
43. Useful websites for mental health.
44. How stress has an impact on mental health.
45. Ways to combat stress.
46. Ways to practice mindfulness.
Beauty and Fashion
47. A review of your favourite beauty products.
48. A comparison between drug store and designer products.
49. A make-up tutorial for a particular event/season/celebration or a natural look.
50. A specific focus on a particular area of your face eg. How to make your eyes appear bigger.
51. My skin care routine.
52. How to clean make-up brushes.
53. Where to buy save money on specific products.
54. Great dupe products.
55. How to rock natural hair or how to curl / straighten / defrizz / colour your hair.
56. Great hairstyles according to face shape and / or age.
57. Natural alternatives to beauty products.
58. How to keep your skin looking younger.
59. Make-up tips for midlife.
60. Outfits of the day.
61. A Get Ready With Me.
62. Outfit ideas for a specific place, event or holiday.
63. A guide to a place that you have visited.
64. A photo series of your favourite travel destination.
65. A foodies guide to your favourite city.
66. Packing tips for a city break / beach holiday.
67. Travel hints and tips when visiting a specific country.
68. Your favourite travel experiences.
69. A bucket list of all the places you would like to visit.
70. A list of all the places you have already visited.
71. A guide to film locations.
Home, DIY and Crafts
72. Decluttering your home / garage / specific room.
73. Spring cleaning ideas for the home.
74. Seasonal/celebration inspired decor – Spring, Summer, Easter, Christmas etc.
75. Pound/dollar store makeover of a room.
76. Garden and garage makeovers.
77. How to host an outdoors barbecue.
78. Ideas for upcycling old furniture.
79. Furniture/home items that you have found at flea markets.
80. Budget friendly DIY ideas.
81. Homemade crafts, cards and gifts.
82. Create a vision board.
83. Showcase your favourite etsy stores.
84. A list of your favourite craft suppliers.
85. Describe your experiences at a craft event.
Finance / Making Money
86. Making money online (I’m sick of these sorts of posts but there’s hundreds of them posted every day.
87. Ideas for creating a budget.
88. Living frugally.
89. How to start paying off debt.
90. Tips for Downsizing.
91. How to use coupons.
92. An open letter to someone/something.
93. A letter to your younger / older self.
94. Host a blog party or link-up.
95. A day in the life of…
96. The Beginners Guide to…
97. A wishlist of…
98. Things I wish I had know before…
99. Share the story of how you and your partner/best friend met.
100. Write a short story, poem or haiku.
101. Give your thoughts on a particular news story.
102. Share your workout routine, weight loss journey.
103. Share a photo journal of your day / a place / an event.
104. Research your family history.
105. How to create / use a Bullet Journal.
106. Your day as a working parent.
107. How to plan for college.
108. Effective tools for revision or research.
109. Advice / ideas on wedding planning.
110. Dating tips / relationship advice.
Phew! Hopefully that should spark some ideas! What ideas do you have for creating blog posts?
You can also find me on Twitter @suzie81blog, and don’t forget to check out my Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/suzie81speaks, my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/suzie81speaks and my Instagram page http://www.instagram.com/suzie81speaks
Wow… That must have taken some thinking. I think I might go into beauty lol
I’m looking forward to those posts now Simon! A lot of the big make-up bloggers are men and they look amazing!
I think it’s going to take more than make up for me to look amazing lol
I’ll stick with what I do best I think. Lol
How’s your world?
Yeah it’s good thanks – busy but it’s been a fun week!
I saw you’ve taken a step back from some things, it’s a well deserved break.
What are your big plans for the new year?
I don’t really have many as such… I’m taking it week by week at the minute? What about you?
What a fantastic list, Suzie! Thank you for sharing these brilliant ideas, and a very Happy New Year to you and the bloke! Cher xo
Thanks Cher! How was your Christmas?
Hi Suzie! It was really nice, thanks! And I’m so happy yours was too! Cher xo
This is a great list! Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Loads of great ideas!!!
Great list Suzanne! We all suffer from writers block at times; I have an ever growing list on Evernote just in case 😊
Great list, Suzie! 🙂
Such a helpful treasure trove of suggestions, Suzie! I like the break down into categories that’s easy for people to track by niche. Great list. 🙂
Getting all these ideas here is so awesome! Thank you for sharing this list with your readers. I have observed that if bloggers list down topics/categories than they can write about, it gets very easy.
Thank you! Absolutely – I keep a list for when I run out of ideas in a notebook
🙂 I just sent you a message on your FB page. Will you be able to check as you get time? thanks in advance.
Thank you for this list, I will most certainly be posting about some of them 😊
Thank you – which ones appeal to you?
You could also write about your favourite radio programmes, podcasts that have helped you, architecture that interests you or buildings that you’ve visited.
Ooh I love those ideas!
Wow what a list! Will keep for quiet periods when ideas for posts don’t come easily!
A lot of good ideas here Suzie! Need to save this post for later if I should run out of ideas on what to write.
This is brilliant, Suzie!
Well as I am a bookish sort of guy, #17 resonates with me. On the topic of book blogs though, I do think it’s extremely congested at the moment. I reckon there will be a move towards more niche book blogs focusing on just one genre.
I’ve certainly seen a huge increase in book bloggers over the last year, or perhaps that’s because the majority of my blogging friends are authors haha!
All excellent & inspiring ideas. I’ve thinking about doing a foods I love list for a while 👍🏻
Are you going to eat them and review them as you’re going along? Like a research buffet? Ooh, I’m hungry now…
I wrote it up the other day and made myself so hungry! I really should have done a research buffet as I went along! Mmmmmmmm….
We should totally make research buffets a thing…
Thank you—Thank you—Thank you. A great list to start the year!
Haha! Thanks! Glad you found it useful!
I don’t know why, but I’d go for humour every time 😀
Haha! I’m learning that about you haha!
What a comprehensive list of possibilities Suzie! Thanks for sharing with us, it will be very useful for many bloggers I’m sure.
Thanks so much Debbie!
Wow! No excuse for bloggers block with your great suggestions, Suzie.
Crumbs, that is really useful, I’ll be coming back to this.
Excellent list, very helpful!
Thanks for this, Suzie. I have to say that I often struggle with ideas of what to write about. I love January though as I take part in ‘Just Jot it January’ that has a prompt word to write about for each day. I find that really helps too. 🙂
Ooh that’s a good idea – I think a list of prompts is always so useful!
I’ve pinned this so I can pull it out on those days when a post is escaping me.
Great list of ideas. It can be a real struggle to think of post ideas and titles cant it?
Oh my gosh yes – I like to keep a list of ideas when inspiration strikes that I can refer to when my brain turns to mush…
Thanks for sharing this list! 😊
Mental health posts are ticking my boxes at the moment. Reading and writing them. Fantastic set of ideas x
Thank you! And a great topic – I’m so pleased that it is becoming more prominent in the blogging community now and people feel that they can talk about it!
For sure x I see the students in my school are far more than empathetic than years ago
Thanks, Suzie. And to think I have been struggling to find a topic for a post!
Thanks lovely! Glad you found it useful!
Thanks for this Suzie – I think we all must run out of ideas sometime and when brain fog is as bad as mine any help is always welcome!!! I don’t know how you constantly come up with such great posts and support the blogging community like you do – a massive thank you x
Thanks so much Claire! I keep a list in a notebook so I can go back to it when I get stuck…
I’ve been very overwhelmed lately, back to school madness and my son is turning 4 this year and suddenly I realize I need to find out about preschool! As you know teaching can really get overwhelming and when I get home from work it can be hard to want to write anything much less try to come up with a topic to think about writing about. So thanks for this list, I’m going to be using it!
Thanks lovely! I hope things get a little less stressful soon!
Pingback: Blogger Recognition Award | Pain Pals
Really great list. Thank you. This is going to help me a lot.
Thank you! Glad you found it useful!
Thank you for helping us and giving us such amazing topic ideas! This will be useful for many of us!
Thank you! I hope you find it useful!
Pingback: In Celebration of Food | Just Another Blog From a Woman
A fabulous share, Suzie. Thank you! 🙂
WOW!! I know where to turn next time I am all out of ideas. Amazing list. Thanks
Love a list!!
Great ideas here. Shall be very useful in future when I’m stuck 👍🏻😊
This post was much needed for me. Creating new content that people will love is hard but after coming across this post, I feel inspired and ready to write. I love how you broke it down to sections. Thank you for sharing such great ideas.
Thanks Sandy – really pleased that you found it useful!
Pingback: #SteemBloPoMo Day One - More thoughts & writing prompts - Traci York